Saturday, December 21, 2013

What's wrong with this picture?


Shannon went out early to take the pup out and yelled. It's a good thing I'm deaf; I would have hated to hear what she yelled. Snow in Albuquerque! The snow and cold are like pieces of toilet paper stuck to our shoes. We just can't get rid of either one of them. And, I see that Alamogordo is getting 2 to 4 inches of snow today. That's way too close to where we will be spending the next 3 months.

We arrived in ABQ on Thursday night. Most of the day was spent at Camping World getting some work done. Again, we are finding out that you can't be a full time RVer without becoming very familiar with waiting rooms at Camping World. Yesterday was nice and warm, maybe in the 60's. Anyway, people were walking around in shorts and t's. This was my kind of conditions I said to myself. Reality always has the last say, however. Our plan is to stay here in ABQ until the day after Christmas and then move south closer to White Sands. As of this writing, we are scheduled to report at White Sands on December 31 and start work on January 2.

The pup, better known as "not-my-idea", is starting to adjust to our life style. She is now sleeping the night through without Shannon having to get up at 3 in the morning and mother her. She has had a few accidents in the motor home, but for the most part is doing pretty well with the potty outside thingy. She is full of lots of energy, too much sometimes for her mistress and certainly for Scout, and then I am pressed into service even though the pup was not my idea. She weighed 3.8 pounds when she had shots last Monday, but there is a lot of energy and chewing packed into those 3.8 pounds. Quoting Scout when referring to not-my-idea, "heaven have mercy on us."

And, by the way, "Quasimodo" for a name was rejected, and "not-my-idea" is too long and rejected as well, although I want to go on record and say that the pup was not my idea. The official name is "Tzui." Don't ask.

No comments:

We blew into Pendleton behind a Low that had moved off to the east, but the wind and moisture wrap around was with us the entire drive. We ...